Would you like to see more "Artist Spotlights" like the Nitzer Ebb Spotlight

Monday, January 14, 2008

Bonzo Goes To Washington - 5 Minutes


While I was searching through my classic vinyl, for something to post today, I came across this little classic jem. I thought that I lost this song a long time ago. I was so excited when I found it that I thought it would be great to share it with everyone.

This group was a one-time collaboration of Jerry Harrison (of the Talking Heads) and Bootsy Collins of Parlament. This song contains several samples of President Ronald Reagan's infamous joke statement: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

Taken from the original 12" single on Sleeping Bag 13
5 Minutes (C-C-C Club Mix) - 5:33
Song charted on December 8, 1984. Spent 10 weeks on the chart and reached #36

1 comment:

Foundsound said...

big thanks! i was looking for this.